2 Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies

2 Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies (Grain/Sugar/Dairy/Nut/Egg-Free, Paleo) | GrokGrub.com

I saw some two ingredient cookies on Instagram, then on Tumblr. I didn’t see THESE two ingredient cookies, let’s be clear, I saw banana + oatmeal cookies. That version, which inspired my banana coconut cookies, is pretty common in vegan circles but I thought when I saw them that coconut would work just as well. I was right! Here I present: Yes. Truly. Two ingredients (of course, you can add other things if you want… but it’s not necessary)! These are the perfect thing when you want something like a breakfast cookie, but not the complication of almond flour, eggs, baking soda, etc. Plus these Banana Coconut Cookies have the fact that banana + coconut is just an A+ flavor combination going for them. Really, Mother Nature is doing all of the work here. Just throw the two ingredients together and let the magic of the oven do its work.

Also let the record state: I hate those “two/three ingredient” recipes where one of the ingredients is boxed cake mix, and the other is a can of pie filling. Both gross and cheating, is what those are! And unnecessary, when something as delicious as these banana coconut cookies can be made from two simple, real food ingredients. :)

Shared on Paleo Magazine’s Fast and Easy Paleo Recipes

3.0 from 2 reviews
2 Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

This little recipe for 2 Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies uses only the ingredients in its name to produce a totally delicious result (that's free of gluten, added sugar, dairy, nuts and eggs)!
Author:
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack
Serves: 5
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a cookie sheet, set aside.
  2. Pulse the two ingredients for a few moments in a food processor until very well combined.
  3. Shape into discs, then set on the greased cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden.
Notes
Optional mix-ins include: chocolate chips, chopped bacon, chopped nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon. Be sure and do not incorporate more than a small handful of mix-ins into each batch, or the cookies will not hold together.

This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Grok Grub.

for recipes delivered straight to your inbox!

Comments

1. Luanna says

Excited to try these. Do they have to be brown/super-ripe bananas or just regular ripe? I have a ton of brown ones in the freezer.

• Grok Grub says

Regular is what I used. If you use very brown, the cookies may be looser (not the tidy discs in the picture). They’ll be sweeter, though!

2. says

Wow these are divinely simple, I’ve just come across your sex in a pan recipe, which looks fab but time involving and then I pop over to this and it’s the simplest thing ever :) you are ever so talented foodista.

3. Michelle Watson says

Any idea would it work with ground almond instead of the coconut? Don’t have any coconut in the house!

• Grok Grub says

Sorry, what would work with the banana instead of the coconut? Almonds pulsed a few times in the food processor would probably be great, yeah.

4. sondra says

sweetened or unsweetened coconut? do you really need a food processor or can you mash the banana really well and then stir in the coconut?

• Grok Grub says

Unsweetened coconut, and you could probably get away with mashing by hand and then stirring in the coconut…

5. Helene says

Just made these. Not so good. I didn’t have the oven on 350. Had it on 325 and all the bottoms burnt. Tops didn’t get brown.

• Grok Grub says

Maybe! More likely that your oven cooks unevenly, but if this isn’t a problem that you’ve experienced baking other things, then I’m stumped. I’ve made this twice and seen a few other folks make as well without issue. :'(

6. Chaymaà says

This is awsome, i just whant to try this, but i hate banana :/ can i replace it by other ingridient to have same cookies but tasting diffrent?

7. says

I totally agree with your point about 2 ingredient recipes where 1 is a cake premix. They should be known as a 2 step recipe – mix and bake. :)

I’ll be trying these as soon as I can go out and buy some coconut!

8. says

Wow, a lot of comments. I just made these using riper bananas. There was no problem with the bottoms burning, perhaps because I put them on a higher rack in the oven. They are good and a lot like macaroons but they have a subtle flavor that is a bit odd. It may be I am not used to cooked banana and using the firmer, fresher bananas will be better. However, one little cookie was not enough. Five more were just about right. This recipe is easy, easy. So easy that everyone should make them and experiment with some of the additions. I’m eager to try a tiny bit of ground almonds or a pinch of salt. Be careful. This seems like a flavor that is easily whacked the wrong way. Quite a tasty little treat if you need something quick and homemade. I have a friend who is waiting to try these.

• says

Made these cookies again using less ripe bananas – the taste was much better as you thought! I feared the banana would be hard to mix by hand but when I added the coconut the banana seemed to liquify. I also used a small scoop for a nice little half ball shape. Wunderbar! These were baked for the hubby who has to work an extra day this week. He and the co workeres liked the last batch. He’s going to really love these!!

9. says

I seriously have to agree with you about those 2-3 ingredient things that are constructed from a box mix and the commercial pie filling as “2-3 ingredients”. Not. While I don’t eat desserts often (I’ve excised most of my “sweet tooth”), somehow, I always, always love trying out things made from real ingredients, dessert or otherwise. These cookies look impressively YUM, and are definitely on my radar. I am going to put them on my list to make the next time we have an office party (where sweets seem always to be expected — at least these will be healthy ones! Thanks.

10. SailorShanie says

I LOVE these. Who knew they would hold so well? Crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy inside, also not too coconuty as my boyfriend said. You saved my life, coffee without cookies first thing in the morning is a war zone and I was out of coconut flour for regular cookies. These are so simple thank you.

11. Aneira says

We totally think alike 😀
    I’ve been seeing those 2 ingredient cookies, but kept thinking to myself ‘this would be better with coconut’.
    I was thinking about using coconut flour or maybe a mix of shredded and flour.

12. says

Just finished up a double batch of these with ginger, cinnamon and chopped dark chocolate. They were a huge hit! Thanks for the great recipe. :)

13. Joni says

Hey there. This sounds great! I currently live in a tiny flat with no oven- would these work by frying them in olive oil? :) thanks!!

14. Charly says

These were fine. Easy to make, tasted alright – like banana and coconut. Very healthy taste. But they had way too much fiber for me. Woke up in the middle of the night with cramps. I realize this isn’t the fault of the recipe I just wanted to remind people to be careful with these if you’re sensitive to high-fiber foods.

15. Troggy says

How big was the banana that you used? Or how much roughly in grams should I be looking at using? I prefer to work in weight measurements to get a more consistent recipe.

• Grok Grub says

Well, this recipe is somewhat forgiving of inexact measurements. But 1 banana = ~1/3 cup mashed banana, or ~1/3 lbs. Hope this helps!

16. says

Hi Grok Grub! I just wanted to let you know that I’m featuring this amazing recipe in my post 102 Gluten Free Cookie Recipies. I’m also pinning it to my Gluten Free Cookie Madness Board. :)

You are more than welcome to share this amazing resource with your readers or link to this post if you’d like! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Here’s the url: 102 Gluten Free Cookie Recipies

17. Michelle says

I feel like these would be adorable and tasty if you dipped half of them in some dark chocolate. Either way I have to try making these. So freaking simple!

18. Rebecca says

Hi there! These look amazing :) I am a teacher so this could be a great snack to have at school.

Do you use sweetened or unsweetened coconut.

thanks :)

19. Michelle says

I just made this for my toddler who is on an AIP diet for eczema and he loved them! Its hard to find easy AIP snacks and this is just what I was looking for.
    Thanks!

20. Emma says

I made these for the first time today, they are super easy and turned out perfect just like in the picture! They tasted good too, I’m going to make another batch tomorrow. Thanks for a great simple recipe!

21. Bren says

I adored your recipe with banana’s, but I am all out. I do have a ripe plantain, would that work the same?

22. says

These are perfect-thank you! I am on the autoimmune protocol and was wondering if there is a way to add an AIP friendly protein to make these breakfast cookies for the days that I need to prepare something the night before? I am no baker (or chef for that matter) and would love suggestions on how to make these with gelatin or collagen? Thank you so much!

• Grok Grub says

I’m sure you could stir in some gelatin for nutritional value (although the cookies do not require it structurally).

23. says

I made these today and they were great! I also signed up for your newsletter and like your FB page. I am looking forward to your recipes.

24. says

Hello GrokGrub. My name is Dan and I am a founder of Easy Fast Recipes website. Many thanks for this lovely Banana Coconut Cookies recipe! Natural, simple and affordable ingredients, easy to follow step by step instructions. I am a Paleo diet follower myself. This is yummy easy fast recipe and I think it’s going into my bookmark list.
    Keep up the good work. I am looking forward for more Paleo easy food recipes on your great site in the nearest future.
    You are welcome to visit my website >> http://easyfastrecipes365.com. Easy Fast Recipes for Healthy Lifestyle & Fitness. Cheers and do have a great day!

25. Holly says

Prior to paleo, I tried the oatmeal version and was unimpressed. After I went paleo, I tried these and thought they were pretty good. I occasionally added a few Enjoy Life mini chips on top. Now that I am autoimmune paleo, these stand in nicely for a cookie, and are surprisingly satisfying when I need something sweet, but I also don’t feel guilty eating a couple with breakfast. I usually add a little alcohol-free vanilla extract and cinnamon. Sometimes I add some carob powder for a chocolate flavor. Thanks for this recipe!

• Grok Grub says

Wow, awesome to hear that you like them better than the oatmeal version and that you’ve been experimenting. Carob is a great idea!

26. Carolyn says

Meh. I guess these are alright if you are used to a “real food” only diet, but I wouldn’t take them to the church picnic or family reunion. I don’t think they’d appeal to the masses. They definitely need some cinnamon or a bit of something sweet – they taste plain and have a weird consistency.

27. says

Wow. These saved the day for my 11 year old who is on day 3 of AIP. I added a couple drops of alcohol-free butterscotch flavoring and she seemed happy all-around. Excellent, easy treat for the end of a long day.

THANK YOU!!!!! 😀

28. says

OMG. I am a diabetic and use to low sugar desserts. These were delicious and filling. Feel like I just had a whole bowl of macaroons and macaroon and just ate 1 cookie. I baked mine on no stick foil and greased only 4 spots for cookies. Baked 15 minutes on one side and turned over cookies to bake additional 10 minutes on other side. Ate one warm. Do I store the rest in frig or cookies canister??

Trackbacks

1. […] Banana Coconut Cookies — The title says it all. These cookies are simply mashed banana and shredded coconut baked into a soft and chewy delight to your tastebuds. I made these one night and my hubby was away so I ate all four cookies by myself! And the best part was I didn’t even feel guilty (except, of course, keeping one to share with my hubby. But don’t you worry, I’ll make more!) […]