The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers! So, what is a Liebster? The meaning of the name: liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Blogging is about building community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. If you’re nominated for a Liebster, it’s an opportunity to answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you, and pass the fun on to someone else with nominations of your own.
I was nominated by Ashleigh of www.dailycupofasheejojo.com (thanks!) so let’s start by answering her questions for me:
- What’s been your worst haircut/style? I’ve never had much of a particular haircut or style. My hair has a strange wave to it that defies curling irons and hair straighteners, camouflages botched cuts and remains unimpressed by skillful ones. ‘Tis what it is!
- What’s your biggest fear? Grammatical errors.
- What’s your guilty pleasure? Too many to name, but at the moment I go crazy for coconut ice cream.
- If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Smoked salmon.
- What celebrity/famous person would you want to be your best friend? I think Ottavia Bourdain and I have lots in common.
- What’s your favorite body part? My feet, because they take sh*t and don’t quit (hello, heels and running… sometimes at the same time!)
- What’s one skill you wish you had? Whistling.
- If you could have any job, what would it be? A performer in Cirque du Soleil.
- What’s your favorite book? Atlas Shrugged*
- Who inspires you? If by that you mean, “who do you have a gurl crush on?” then it’s Camille Leblanc-Bazinet.
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? While we’re on the topic, I’d go to Crossfit.
Now, to share 11 random facts about myself (them’s the rules, people):
- My favorite snack is baby carrots; I eat them by the bagful. Once during college I ate so many in a short period of time that my skin turned noticeably orange.
- There were only 16 people in my high-school graduating class. Pro/con of attending an alternative school!
- I don’t have a favorite type of music. I grew up with the classical princes: Vivaldi, Grieg, Fauré, Holst, Wagner, Sibelius… yet my workout playlists are full of upbeat rotgut by Katy Perry, Marina and The Diamonds, Ke$ha, Dragonette. I draw the line at nothing.
- I didn’t learn to read until I was 8 years old… but I’ve more than made up for it by excessive reading thereafter.
- My first job was on a wildflower farm. I spent hours in the sunshine among Texas bluebonnets.
- I’m into yoga at the moment, mostly so I can get stuff out of my backpack while wearing it. Flexibility has its uses.
- I crashed so many times getting used to cycling again in San Francisco, but I love my powder-pink single-speed despite my scars. People mistake it for a fixie all the time, with the results you might expect.
- I have broken my nose. Twice.
- You have catch me in the right mood for tickling, but when you do I’ll laugh until I can’t breathe.
- I look a lot like my mother, who looks very much like her mother… If I have a daughter, I wonder if she’ll look like us.
- I once cheated when asked to give 11 facts about myself and only gave 10.
The bloggers I nominate are (it’s supposed to be blogs with fewer than 200 followers, but I just picked some blogs I enjoy):
My questions for them! Tag, you’re it:
- What’s your all-time favorite blog?
- If a movie was made about your life, which actor/actress would play you?
- Sweet or salty?
- If you could invite anyone for dinner, past or present, who would you choose?
- What is one thing you’ve always wanted to learn?
- Where is your favorite place you’ve lived?
- What’s the best mistake you’ve made?
- What do you eat for breakfast?
- If you could make anyone the President of the United States, who would you select?
- What’s your favorite sport to watch and/or play?
- What two words best describe you?
The Liebster Award rules are:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- List 5-11 bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated